Monday, May 25, 2009

God Meets Us Where We Are

After a long day at work and an evening with the kids I decided to take a bath tonight. As I got in the tub I felt like I had the weight of the world on my shoulders. My mind was spinning fast about numerous things. It is amazing to me how God meets us where we are...even in the bath tub!! I had some quiet time and some prayer time. I even think a few tears fell into the water. As I was getting out of the bath I didn't feel like the weight was as heavy as when I got in. I was sharing the load with Him.


Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you; He will never allow the [consistently] righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail). Psalm 55:22 (AMP)

Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. 1 Peter 5:7 (AMP)

1 comment:

Kris Sorensen said...

God is good. Moments like that are a treasure to hang onto.