Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Thoughts On Christmas Eve

We are waiting for the kids to drift off to dreamland so we can assemble a gift and fill the stockings. A lot of things are floating around in my head right now so I thought I would get some of it out here...

I really hope the kids enjoy tomorrow. They are really excited. Santa Claus called them tonight and they are really pumped up.

The church service tonight was very nice. I am glad my family was able to be there and partake of communion.

I think I am starting to get a cold. I had a touch of the flu last week. Makenna had a stomach ache last week too but so far they have been pretty healthy.

Lately I have felt lonely. Not lonely like I don't have anyone to talk to or spend time with. My family is always around and I have good co-workers at work who make those days bearable. It is hard for me to form new friendships. I am usually the quiet one in the crowd and never make an attempt to open up to someone. Sometimes it comes across that I am not interested or upset but that is not really how I am. I just usually have a pretty hard shell around me that I have to break through. I think I did a pretty good job of "putting myself out there" last night at Stacey's party though. Maybe I am just weird...

On our Christmas cards we sent out we put the web address for my blog. So if someone new stops by leave me a comment so I will know you were here and thanks for stopping by.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: