Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Emergency Room

Saturday evening on my way home from work I got a call from Stacey that something was wrong at the elementary school. When I got there he told me Makenna was playing on the see-saw with another girl and fell off when it was up in the air landing on her elbow. I immediately noticed the swelling and knew I was on my way to the hospital with her.



We waited in the waiting room for a couple of hours and then finally got x-rays and a room. The x-rays were very painful for her. At one point, the technician had to ask me if I was alright.



We waited another hour or so in the room and even went back for more x-rays.



Stacey and Keaton came to be with us. Keaton was a good boy while we were waiting.



This is the final result: one badly bruised elbow that may need more x-rays to make sure it isn't broken. It is really swollen today. Please pray for Makenna. She is in a lot of pain and is scared at the thought of more x-rays. I am sure school the next few days will be a challenge for her.



This is how we spent our Sunday afternoon... rest and relaxation after a very long Saturday night!

3 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Praying for that elbow.

Shelby-Grace said...

Hope today was better. I'll be praying for all of you.

Kate said...

I'm praying for you all.