Thursday, March 12, 2009

Faith

Being a stay-at-home mom is not an option for me. We need both of our incomes to make our situation work. I only work three days a week which usually works well for us. Yesterday was one of those days I wished I didn't work outside of the home and could be there for my kids.

The school called Stacey and let him know that Makenna was in pain. He called me at work for advice on what to do for her. I wanted to run to her at that moment! I wanted to be there to hug her and help her pain any way I could.

I was at work and just had a good start on a long 12 hour shift. I knew Stacey was taking her medicine and she would be able to get some relief. I did the only thing I could do for Makenna at that moment... I prayed for her and asked God to take some of her pain away. She was still on my mind all day but I had some peace trusting that God would help her through the day.

I learned just how big my faith is. I was able to put one of the most important people in my life in His hands to help and protect. Sometimes my faith doesn't seem big enough or I start to doubt things. I guess when it really counts I do have enough faith to see me through.

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20

1 comment:

Sue said...

GREAT post! I learned a long time ago, when there is NO earthly help, look up.

Praying she has a better day tomorrow...